Tuesday, August 24, 2010

reincarnation.

I think that my grandma is living in my backyard. I have been observing a butterfly that landed on my leg this weekend. She flew around and landed on my leg and wouldn't leave. Even after shaking my leg I couldn't get her to fly away. She finally flew off of my leg and landed on the table next to me. I saw her again chilling on one of the posts in my backyard the next day. Then, tonight I found her sitting on a flower pot. A few hours later I went to see if she was still there and she was in the same spot. Then she fluttered around a bit and landed on the chord of my outdoor lights. I am not sure why but I am positive this is my grandma reincarnated as a butterfly. She came back to watch over me.

I can't help but wonder however what this means in the caste system. My grandma was an amazing woman. Insects aside she has been given wings to fly around the world. Something I am sure she never was able to do. Despite her ability to take flight, she is always here for me. Watching over me. Surviving the heat and rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment