Saturday, August 21, 2010

Budgeting.

Being a grown up is difficult and when you have to millions of expenses to account for and all of your money in one account the lines begin to blur. How much money do I need to make sure I have in my account to pay my necessary expenses while being able to have a little fun at the same time? And I am pretty terrible at remembering that my fun budget isn't as big as I think it is and usually end up in the red each month.

Well starting Monday I think I am going to go to the envelope system. My friend Kate was telling me about how her and her husband budget by using Dave Ramsey's system of keeping envelopes of cash for each expense. The problem is I'm afraid I need to have a lot of envelopes!

1. Rent
2. Bills
3. Food
4. Clothing
5. Clothing
6. Clothing
7. Travel
8. Travel
9. Beauty (hair, eyebrows, etc.)

That is only 9 and it is already exhausting! Although on a positive note I think that it will make shopping more fun. When my clothing budget gets full I can go and indulge in whatever I want and not feel guilty that I am spending. I think that it will make for a good change in my life!

Ill keep my non-existent readers informed as to how this lifestyle change works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment